Traumatic Brain Injury can come from a violent blow or jolt to the head or body. We tend to think of bomb blasts, athletic impacts, and car crashes with TBI, but its symptoms can arise from non-violent means as well. We also associate medications, surgery, and rehabilitation as treatments, but there can be other treatments as well. In this episode of ALIve, CEO and Co-Founder of the Asher Longevity Institute John Asher interviews Dr. Valerie Donaldson, Founder and Medical Director of the Regenerative Medicine Center (RMC) in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She is Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, and certified in Anti-Aging Medicine, Functional Medicine, and Stem Cell Therapy.
- What are the causes of Traumatic Brain Injury?
- How is Traumatic Brain Injury alike or different from other brain illnesses such as Alzheimer’s or MS or Parkinson’s?
- How did Dr. Donaldson get interested in treating Traumatic Brain injury?
- How is her method of treatment different than others and what is her success rate?
- What types of people does she see for Traumatic Brain Injury and what’s the most common age group?