Tuesday Dec 14, 2021
The Purpose of Functional Medicine in Longevity Acceleration
Dr. Husain discusses his role as a practitioner of functional medicine using specialized training and techniques to find the root causes of deficiencies and illnesses. In this episode of ALIve, CEO and Co-Founder of the Asher Longevity Institute John Asher interviews Dr. Abid Husain, a Fellow of the American College of Cardiologists and Certified by the American Board of Anti-Aging/Regenerative Medicine. Doctor Husain is a physician at the Boone Heart Institute in Greenwood Village, Colorado, working closely with Dr. Jeffrey Boone on state-of-the-art cardiovascular and stroke prevention programs, combined with a functional medicine outlook.
- How does functional medicine differ from conventional, or “hospital,” medicine?
- Do biomarkers in normal ranges truly mean you are healthy and okay?
- How does a functional medicine doctor diagnose patients?
- What are some preventative approaches in functional medicine that extend longevity?
- How important is hormone replacement in functional medicine?
- Which vitamins and supplements extend your health span?
- If some antioxidants are good, are some better?
- How do you find a functional medicine physician with a longevity practice?
John is an experienced international speaker on living a longer, healthy life and the key founder of Asher Longevity. In his late 70s, John is vibrant and active, delivering sales training and life longevity information in the USA, Canada, and China. John's mantra is always "making the complex simple". He first applied that to growing a highly successful sales training company. Now he has applied it to the principles of living a long and active life. He has taken mountains of information on supplements, new innovative treatments, and lifestyle habits and combined them into a simple system that is constantly updated and refined by the Asher Longevity Institute.
Dr. Abid Husain
Dr. Husain is a cardiologist working closely with Dr. Jeffrey Boone at the Boone Heart Institute in Denver. Located in Denver, the Boone Heart Institute provides corporate wellness and executive health programs. Most other clinics treat heart patients after they have a stroke or heart issue. The Boone Heart Institute sets itself apart by treating the major risk factors of heart disease and working to roll back the damage and reduce your "arterial age". The proof is in the results, they have never once had any patient under their care suffer a heart attack or stroke!
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.