Tuesday Apr 19, 2022
Nutrition and Hydration Blown Up!
When we think about balanced nutrition, we usually stop at drink 8 glasses of water, and eat 4, 4, 3, and 2 of the four food groups. In this episode, John talks about hydration, but more importantly HOW we cook our food, the fats we use, the fats we eat and which are good. You'll hear about the Omega6 to 3 ratio, why Canola oil should be on your avoid list, and why macadamia nuts should be added to just about anything you consume.
This episode covers:
- The nine essential amino acids
- Complete protein sources from vegetables and grains
- The best vegetables
- The best fruit
- Dangers of cooking at high temperatures
- Dangers of AGEs
- Foods high in Omega-6 fatty acids
- Foods high in Omega-3 fatty acids
- Manufactured "vegetable" oils
- How processed meats shorten your life by 5 years
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.